Monday, 17 November 2014

Geli prints journal

Finally I have finished binding it.  Just a pocket with a few bits n bobs to go on inside & its ready to post to its new home.

This is the first time I have tried this binding style.  I wanted the spine to look pretty with colours hence the different threads  Two of them were three ply and could have been bought back to one ply to suit the size of the others.  I did follow a u-tube video for this binding style.  My only change was that I wound the ends in and out of the stitching rather than just tuck under and cut.  My crochet/knitting days showing up must put ends away safe.


 Part way through binding, one page at a time.
The thicker threads that did not drop the needle
I let drop to the floor to lessen the tangle.



 Binding finished.  I like the rainbow colours, 
out of what I had.
 Front

 A few random pages shows that it open flat to work on.


Last page

 Back cover.  The circles I cut from gelli prints.


Time for another gelli printing day so I can 
create more journals :)

 

2 comments:

  1. What a good blog you have here. Please update it more often. This topics is my interest. Thank you. . .
    Cheap Cigarettes

    ReplyDelete