Sunday 3 July 2016

July is here as is winter:

This journal page was inspired by Caroyln Dube "Spring" page & of course her "lets play" which I did.  Really had no idea where I was going.  Started this on Friday its now Sunday and its finished.  I'm pleased with it.  Had a pile of fun playing which was what this page was about and trying out some new ideas.

 liked the idea of using the bright dylsions paints with a 
sponge randomly to start my page.  I put washie tape down the centre as it was on the table & to stop bleed through to other pages.  Lastly I ran some colour around the edges.

 Layer two I stencilled in some flowers using the 
same sponge then drew around them with oil
pastels adding a few leaves.

Next I added a yellow and a green (this may have 
been an OOPS but turned out ok in the end) over the 
background and a few sprays of the two bright
colours I have. Then put on a 
Tornado (Andy Skinner Stencil) for wind
using impasto to get the see through look.  

The wind effect was too see through so I added 
picket fence & some metallic grey.  The leaf I 
discovered today cleaning out so it was perfect
for this page.  I painted the fallen tree using two
browns and added a third through a stencil (Tim Holtz)

I had tons of fun and am especially pleased the OOPS actually gave the impression of autumn colours.  Not 
that we really get any in Queensland Australia, does
remind me of childhood on the farm in New Zealand.

No comments:

Post a Comment