Friday 13 January 2017

January Lulu Art prompt week 1

New Year, New journal new prompts with Lulu Art: https://blog.luluart.com.au/2017/01/05/colour-me-positive-week-1-2/     come join us for a ton of fun there is also a facebook group.

My Chosen images stamped butterfly already cut out.

First off I scrapped a light layer of gesso over the pages.  Using various scrap paper including the wrapping around the new journal and a weekly planner as background stuck down with liquitex matte medium.  I put in on page, back of item and top of item and use an old plastic card (credit card etc) to ensure there are no bubbles. 

 Light scrapping of gesso over images.

 This was the fun part neocolour II, ceramcoat paint and 2 of Tim Holtz stencils.  
Face itself was watercolour then watercolour pencils for eyes and lips with gelatos for cheeks.  Various Ceramcoat paint for the hair and butterflies. White and black posca along with India ink in a watercolour brush finished off the details.  Once I was happy with the result I cut it out then pasted it onto the layout along with the butterfly that I had used metalis gelatos to colour.  

For me these hearts along represent the positive love from well chosen activities throughout the week. 

These arrows are pushing back the power taking control of my life again with Butterflies representing the new.

Completed page including a verse from the calendar page of the day. In my week I wrote various positive things I do for myself and things I can celebrate like the birth of a new niece. The write writing on the left is pale as its just reminding me "push back negative focus on Positive".  This page speaks volumes to me on many levels as it really comes from my heart.  I hope you enjoyed seeing the process.

For any supplies please visit Lulu Art using this link.  They are happy to order products in for you.  

http://www.luluart.com.au/?Click=486



No comments:

Post a Comment