Monday 13 January 2014

Creative Jumpstart 2014 - various items

I have decided to have a post just for creative Jumpstart 2014 as I have journal pages to share as well.  Its only the 14 of Jan & I have really enjoyed & loved what I have learnt & have so many new ideas floating around in my head including a memorial picture of my beloved Sharray (poodle) who was my faithful companion for nearly 16 years.  Only buried her a few days ago so the grief is very fresh, God has be blessing me with remembering so many beautiful times we had together, she was my angel to help me through until I was healed.  My darling I will walk the beach again this year without you, but see it through your eyes, a wondrous playground & never will I cease to be thankful for the unconditional love you gave me.  Dance with the angels my darling.

Tag using rubber cut to make design in modelling paste.
 As soon as I watched the video I knew I had to do a tree stump in a field of flowers with of course butterflies everywhere.  First I sprayed the background with distress ink (evergreen bough) & perfect pearls (green patina).  With a few pencil marks I lightly marked where I wanted the modelling paste to go then run the cut rubber around in a circle.  When it was dry I used distress stain ( gathered twigs & walnut stain) to colour it.  Next I placed glue around to create the look of a field of flowers & sprinkled heather mixture from Javis countryside scenic products.  I mixed up a spray of mustard seed to colour the flowers & glued them & the butterflies down. I cut 2 decorative shapes in half & glued on the corners (from https://www.facebook.com/pages/Created-Especially-For-You/370789092950090?fref=ts ). Put the background cardstock of butterflies on then added the word, ribbon & lace.  My version of looking down on a small area of nature.
Back.

4 comments:

  1. SO pretty! So sorry for your loss. Thank you for entering our giveaway on Creative Jumpstart.

    Maria
    StencilGirl Products

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! I really love the colours & textures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your tag came out great!

    here from CJS2014 StencilGirl link page

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for your lovely words Maria, Lehtipollo & Jamie :)

    ReplyDelete