Tuesday 7 January 2014

Playing with butterflies


Had saved this ice-cream stick thinking  hmmm interesting shape will be handy  day.  Presently watching 

Creative Jumpstart 2014 

its amazing & decided to use an idea with thread wrapping
& the ice-cream stick thinking I'd get a butterfly - maybe it turned out more like a dragonfly, either way its rather cool.  I ran some tape along the ice-cream stick & started winding the thread in from both ends as only had limited thread left.  I started at the ends as it was easier to lay the loops on top of one another.  The last bits I twisted & glued down to show where it had been flying.  The wire I used for the antennas came from around an item I bought recently.  I threaded the beads on (from an old necklace), wrapped it around & then twisted it to make the antennas.  For the rest of the card I kept it pretty simple as the paper is so glittery, just layered it up to make it pop. 



I also created this one for a customer who wanted butterflies & teddies.  Had fun inking & sticking all the bit on.


Next I wanted to try my hand at a lace & bead butterfly.
This card just has to have great grandma added to it
& will be winging its was of to the same customer.



4 comments:

  1. Great entry for the Liquitex Giveaway! thank you for being part of CJS 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your covered icicle stick - its colourfully effective on your card

    ReplyDelete